Friday, June 24, 2016

Brookies (A cross between cookie and brownie)

Finally, after a really really long time I come back to my dearest blog. Why have been hibernating from this space?? simply because I've become a home baker and my new baby is Crazy Baker. Yes, true to its name I've been crazily loaded with orders. Cakes, cake jars, cookies everything has been keeping me away from this space. 

Today I've a free day and I thought I'll bake one of bucket list goodies. My brat was asleep and got a chance to click and post it too!! yey!!! 

Brookies.... Lets come to these yummy goodies that I made... These are a cross between cookies and brownies. They are gooey on the inside and crisp on the inside. A chocolate heaven. 


The first time I saw them was on Masterchef Australia. My most favorite reality cooking show. I love the Australian series so much because the entire program and its participants are so warm and friendly. 

This particular dish was made during the Nigella Week. I love her. I'm her fanatic!!! 


The participants had to make a midnight snack for Nigella. She loves midnight trips to her refrigetor rummaging for some midnight cravings. 

On one such episode, a participant called Harry Foster who had made this for her. That minute I added these too on to my bucket list!!


Now lets go to the recipe...

Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 12 minutes
Makes: 45 - 50 brookies
Recipe Adaptation: Harry Foster - Masterchef Australia

What would you need:
  1. Dark Chocolate 70% - 350 grams (chopped)
  2. Butter - 45 grams
  3. Caster Sugar - 225 grams
  4. Cornflour - 80 grams
  5. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  6. Eggs - 3
  7. Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
  8. Dark Chocolate Chips - 100 grams
How to go about it:
  1. Preheat oven to 180C. 
  2. Add the butter to a bowl and melt it. To this melted butter add the chopped chocolate and mix well. Keep this aside to cool.
  3. Combine the remaining ingredients and beat it until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate butter mixture and mix until well combined.
  4. The mixture will look pasty. Hence, use a piping bag or use two spoons and add them to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Add the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
  5. Bake for 12 - 13 minutes and remove from the oven. Let it cool for sometime and then transfer it to a wire rack.
Serve with whipped cream!!! Bliss!!!

Njoy with your loved ones...

Luv..

Champa

2 comments:

  1. This turmeric formula has 1500mg of Turmeric Curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving. Are you experiencing some pains around your joints or body? Then this non-GMO products are perfect for you. It will put an end to all the pains you might be feeling anytime you engage in any stressful activities.

    ReplyDelete