Sunday, July 12, 2015

Whole Wheat Chilli & Herb Crackers

As I said in my earlier post, baking in my new oven is something that I'm enjoying a lot!!So this time was the wonderful crackers!!

Crackers!! the very name is so nice na?? They just snap when you break them and are very light. Not sweet (that is something I love) I'm no cookie person, I usually like savory items than sweets. Especially for coffee I love hot and spicy sides. I saw many posts on crackers and finally I created my own variety that I totally loved!!!


This is by far the most easiest... why?? just 4 main ingredients.
By far the healthiest... why?? no butter 
For those friends who don't want eggs... this is eggless...


What do you need:
  1. Whole Wheat Flour - 1 1/2 cups
  2. Oil - .125 cup (half of 1/4 cup) (15 ml)
  3. Salt - to taste
  4. Chilli Flakes - 1 tbsp (you can change according to you desired spice level)
  5. Mixed Herbs - 1 tbsp
  6. Water - 200 ml (chilled)
How to go about it:
  • First pre heat the oven. Spread a parchment paper on to your baking sheet and keep aside.

  •   In a bowl add the flour, chilli flakes, salt & mixed herbs and stir. Add the oil and mix. The                   mixture should appear like bread crumbs.

   

  • Now slowly add the water and bring the dough together. You would not need all of the water     (entire 200 ml). The dough should be like a puri dough. Firm, but not dry. Cover this dough for 10 minutes and keep aside.

    

  • Now, dust your working surface with flour. Take a portion of you dough and roll out into a thin chapathi. With a cookie cutter, cut out shape of your choice and make small holes on the cracker dough.



  •  Arrange them on the prepared baking tray and bake them at 180 degree centigrade for 5 - 10      minutes or until the sides of the cracker start to rise up. Keep a watch on them while they are    baking.


Njoy with your loved ones...

Luv...

Champa

No comments:

Post a Comment