All of you are aware of the famous Chicken 65 recipe.... This recipe originated from the famous Hotel Buhari. Why the name??? History says that this recipe was invented in the year 1965. Where other funny reasons...
- It took 65 days to prepare the marinade!!!
- There are 65 pieces
- It has 65 different types of masalas
And so on... so forth...
Those who enjoy chicken vouch that this is the best deep fried chicken.... But what about us Vegetarians??? That's when the Gobi/ Cauliflower came into help.
So this was in my bucket list of recipes and I got the basic marination from my friend's mother. It's the most easiest, crispy and delightful snack.
You know something?? Kaun Banega Crorepati featured a question on the year and invention of this recipe... Oh I'm so proud!!
What you need:
- Cauliflower - 1 medium sized (cut into florets)
- Thick curd - 1/4 cup
- Kashmiri chili powder - 4 tsp
- Fennel/ Saunf powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Rice flour - 3 tbsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - for deep frying
How to go about it:
- Blanch the florets just for 2 minutes in boiling hot water and set aside to drain completely. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Mix curd, ginger garlic paste, salt, chili powder and fennel powder. You should do this just before you are ready to fry the florets.
- Meanwhile heat up the oil.
- Add the curd mixture to the florets and mix the contents that all the florets are evenly coated.
- Now sprinkle the rice flour powder over the coated florets and give it a good mix once again,
- Deep fry until crisp and serve hot.
Njoy with your luved ones...